While the weather is starting to get consistently warmer, we still get a day or so each week that is chilly and rainy. I know that sweet potato soup isn’t exactly the most seasonal recipe, but you know those breezy Spring days when you just want to curl up on the couch with a bowl of soup? This sweet potato soup is the perfect pick me up for those rainy chilly days.
The smell of the vegetables roasting will fill your kitchen with a smell that is reminiscent of Thanksgiving, again, not exactly seasonal, but still welcome as far as I’m concerned. This soup is also one of those recipes that you can alter to fit your mood and tastes and the time. You can spice it up, or make it sweeter, change up the herbs or even some of the vegetables, see below for a few suggestions!
- Add in some chipotles in adobo or red pepper flakes for heat
- Add an extra apple or a bit of honey for more sweetness
- Squeeze in a little lemon juice
- Substitute celery salt for 3-4 stalks of celery
- Substitute fresh herbs for dried or mix up the herbs for a different flavor
- Switch chicken stock for veggie stock